The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
B.A.: Broadcast Journalism Expected Graduation: May 2021
Minor: Spanish GPA: 3.91 / Dean’s List
Danbury Hat Tricks
Director of Communications / Play-by-Play Broadcaster | Danbury ,CT | June 2021 - Present
- Call Play-by-Play for all Hat Tricks FPHL, NAHL and NA3HL home games, producing all broadcasts on YouTube(FPHL) or HockeyTV (NAHL/NA3HL).
- Travel with the FPHL Hat Tricks to broadcast all games during the 2021-22 FPHL Playoffs, producing and callingPlay-by-Play for each game live on the Hat Tricks YouTube channel.
- Coordinate Hat Tricks FPHL, NAHL and NA3HL social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
- Curate and produce graphics and video content for social media and the Hat Tricks YouTube channel.
- Execute media relations duties for all three teams, announcing any team news, updates and changes.
- Design, update and distribute game notes and line charts for Hat Tricks games to visiting teams, broadcasters andmembers of the media covering the team.
- Control all three team websites through HockeyShift (FPHL) and HockeyTech/WordPress (NAHL/NA3HL), updatingwith information regarding the teams, players, tickets, events and promotions for future games.
- Generate sponsorship and ticket sales through developing strong relationships with local businesses, schools,organizations and fans.
- Organize the gameday in-arena presentation for fans by creating video content and planning promotionalannouncements for each game.
- Expand the FPHL Hat Tricks Instagram following by almost 50% during the 2021-22 season.
- Deploy all gameday staff for home games to run smoothly including the clock operator, stat keepers, DJ, PublicAddress, camera operators and video board director.
- Direct the Hat Tricks Kids Club, planning events for members to have unique experiences at games and with theplayers/coaches for all three Hat Tricks teams.
- Serve as the team's liaison to the league, submitting the official scoresheet, rosters and referee report to theleague office for every FPHL home game.
Penn State CommRadio
General Manager / Play-by-Play Broadcaster | University Park, PA | August 2017 - May 2021
- Announce radio Play-by-Play for Penn State hockey games for four seasons, working from inside Pegula IceArena in addition to calling games remotely off monitors from the studios for parts of the 2020-2021 season.
- Call radio Play-by-Play for other Penn State sports including football, basketball, baseball, softball, soccer,volleyball and lacrosse, including preparing extensive notes on each team and all players.
- Produce live sporting events by setting up equipment, connecting to the studio and managing audio levels.
- Host sports talk-shows "Turning Two" (MLB Talk) and "The Sin Bin" (NHL Talk), planning each show's segmentsand creating "Extra Innings," a segment on "Turning Two" where each host gives a fun, random non-baseballrelated thought.
- Write and produce detailed broadcast intros for football games, NFL Draft and Super Bowl coverage, whileexecuting operations as Production Director.
- Oversee over 150 members as the station's General Manager, conducting and making final decisions onbroadcasts and content for the Sports, News, Arts, Production, Social Media and Editing departments.
Alexandria Aces, Cal Ripken Collegiate Summer Baseball League
Broadcast Intern | Alexandria, VA | June 2019 - July 2019
- Worked with another intern to provide Play-by-Play and color commentary for all 40 Aces games.
- Conducted postgame interviews with players and coaches.
- Cultivated relationships with players and coaches by interacting with them before and after each game.
- Wrote daily game previews and recaps for the Aces website.
- Managed the team's social media accounts, which included live-tweeting each game and posting on Instagrambefore and after the game.
Big Ten Network
Student U Play-by-Play Broadcaster | University Park, PA | March 2018 – Present
- Deliver television broadcasts as lead Play-by-Play announcer for Penn State hockey, baseball, basketball andsoccer.
- Broadcasts get re-aired on Big Ten Network into homes across the country.
- Use extensive research to develop storylines and work with Executive Producer to tie them into the broadcast andrevisit them throughout the game.
Penn State Athletics
Live Video Production Intern | University Park, PA | August 2018 - December 2018
- Worked in control room under the Technical Director as a Replay and Graphics Assistant.
- Logged highlights and important plays for immediate replay use on the stream and video board as Replay Assistant.
- Controlled the score bug and promotional graphics on a broadcast as the Graphics Assistant.
Centre County Report
Executive Producer / Anchor / Reporter|University Park, PA | August 2020 - May 2021
- Sports anchor for 2021 Keystone Media Awards best newscast.
- Conduct interviews, write scripts, shoot packages for a weekly student-produced newscast.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Donald P. Bellisario College of Communications
College Fellow |University Park, PA | October 2019 - Present
Salters Family Memorial Scholarship
Recipient | University Park, PA | Awarded 2019
Robert R. Gentzel Scholarship in Journalism
Recipient | University Park, PA | Awarded 2019
Dicks Sporting Goods
Cashier |Plymouth Meeting, PA | June 2020 - August 2020
- Top-5 in the region in generating credit card applications.
- Top-10 in company in donations received for youth sports charities.
Marple Newtown High School
Public Address |Newtown Square, PA | August 2016 - January 2020
- Provided public address for basketball and lacrosse games.